[tlbuild] casefolding fallback search

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:03:44 CET 2018

On 7 February 2018 at 00:52, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> Any version of Mac OS X / macOS can have the hard drive formatted as
>> either case sensitive or case insensitive. Nothing changed with 10.13.
>
> Is there a syscall that determines sensitivity?

I don't have much experience with this, but here are some possible answers:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/71357/how-to-check-if-my-hd-is-case-sensitive-or-not

and I can check some of them in case there's a need to do so.

Note that texmf.cnf could easily point to multiple trees on different
partitions or in extreme cases a single tree could perhaps have links
to folders on different partitions, so even though unlikely, it's
quite possible to end up with different case sensitivity of files
within the same TEXMF tree.