[tlbuild] Support for musl

Henri henrimenke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 01:34:34 CET 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 17:36 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Henri,
>

> > Indeed, "cd texlive" is not necessary because "-w /texlive" in the Docker command already sets
> > the
> > working directory.
> Good.
>

> > Protip:  You don't have to repeat before_script in both jobs.  Just move it outside the matrix.
> > https://github.com/hmenke/texlive-source/commit/f37910f7e945d9eb3e6d72c9683709712e09b841
> Thanks, wasn't sure about that.
>

> > custom-bin?  Is it the whole "inst" directory?
> Yes.
>

> > I could set up Travis CI such that you can simply tag a release on GitHub and it builds and
> > deploys
> > the binaries to GitHub releases for you.  That way we can also build and deploy on other Docker
> > containers (maybe even i386).
> Might be an option, but normally we don't have a fixed release tagged,
> but just no changes in source when we closing in on release time ;-)
>
> So yes, if this is possible it would help getting binaries.

You can obtain the updated .travis.yml from my GitHub:
https://github.com/hmenke/texlive-source/blob/master/.travis.yml

It contains the following builds:
Native Travis (a.k.a. Ubuntu 14.04 amd64)
Debian amd64
Debian i386
Alpine x86_64
Alpine x86

The Debian and Alpine builds run via Docker and generate a tar.gz archive which contains the "inst"
directory.  The Alpine x86 build does not work though and hangs indefinitely which I can also
reproduce locally.
https://travis-ci.org/hmenke/texlive-source/jobs/333045568
It's up to you whether you want to kick it out.  I don't need the x86 binaries but I'd guess it's a
smoking gun of something needing to be fixed.

Now how do you get those binaries to GitHub releases?

1. You need an account with push access to TeX-Live/texlive-source.  With this account navigate to h
ttps://github.com/settings/tokens and generate a new token with scope "public_repo".  I usually give
my tokens some mnemonic names like "Travis CI texlive-source".
2. Copy the token and go to https://travis-ci.org/TeX-Live/texlive-source/settings.  In the section
environment variables paste the token with the name "GH_TOKEN".  Make sure that "Display value in
build log" is set to off and click add.
3. You're all set.  Go to https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source/releases and click "Create new
release".

As an example I created a release with the title "Just a test" and the tag "bogus" on my GitHub
https://github.com/hmenke/texlive-source/releases