[tlbuild] Support for musl

Henri henrimenke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 04:21:37 CET 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-23 at 12:53 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2018, Henri wrote:
> >
> > Well, TeX live already pulls in specific versions of the libraries instead of always using
> > upstream,
> Huu? No, we try to use the latest released versions as far as possible.
> Of course, that is released at the time of the binary builds, so the
> for 2017 around March 2017 it was.

I realised that this was only an issue in TeX live 2017.  Using the TeX live 2018 development
sources from your mirror at https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source it compiles fine on the
latest stable release of Alpine Linux (3.7).  Enclosed in this email you can find an updated version
of .travis.yml which tests the build on Alpine 3.7 using the Docker capabilities of Travis CI.

One thing remains though.  Sometimes the build crashes with

/texlive/build-aux/missing: line 81: makeinfo: command not found
WARNING: 'makeinfo' is missing on your system.
         You should only need it if you modified a '.texi' file, or
         any other file indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.
         You might want to install the Texinfo package:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/>
         The spurious makeinfo call might also be the consequence of
         using a buggy 'make' (AIX, DU, IRIX), in which case you might
         want to install GNU make:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/make/>

but I am using GNU make.  Also this happens totally non-deterministically.