[tlbuild] TL'15 on platform AIX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:47:09 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Gilles Crebassa wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see in the last messages that you starting the 'initial test builds for TL'15.
> We using AIX platform but this platform is removed since 2012.
> I have tried to build the fully package based on the source but i'm not an expert on AIX and I can't validate the binaries packaging 'TeXLive' on AIX.
> I proposing using TeXLive for some cusomters but, on AIX,he must use TeXLive 2011 to build documentation.
>
> Do you have :
> - an easy documentation to explain the build ?
> - an easy procedure to explain how install binaries and all resources ?
> - a procedure to validate the binaries package TeXLive 2015 on AIX ?

You can start with
    http://tug.org/texlive/build.html

If you manage to run the following commands successfully:
    svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build
    cd Build/source
    ./Build
just follow the instructions "Deployment and testing" on the above
mentioned website or ask some more specific questions.

If you experience problems running "./Build", feel free to ask here for help.