[tlbuild] Allow for building synctex as shared library

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jun 26 11:23:22 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

thanks for the quick answer!

> >(please keep Ccs, thanks)

Indeed, the list killed the Cc entries, now they are there.
Didn't realize that the tlbuild list removes cc's.

> That looks straightforward enough, it just puts part of the current synctex
> sources into a library, that would be built and installed as a shared
> library if and only that is the case for libkpathsea and libptexenc.  I only
> would use the somewhat simpler name libsynctex.  I would also add pkg-config

Fine with me, too. Yes, the sounds like a better name!

> files for libkpathsea and libptexenc and install all of them (perhaps only
> for a non-native TeX Live build).

100% agreed. We are building libptexenc and libkpathsea already
since years as shared libs on Debian, without too much problems.

Yeah, if you can come up with a good change, that would be very
much appreciated.

Norbert