[tlbuild] Asymptote 2.31

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 18 22:20:11 CEST 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I have a tiny request for those who are able and
> willing to perform an additional test, just in case. If you have TeX
> Live 2014 installed (collection latex-recommended is needed, most
> probably nothing else), please try to do an additional
> "cd doc && rm asymptote.pdf && make asymptote.pdf"

I'm amazed of how many problems can be revealed with an additional
test like this.
- bug in libc++
- broken a2ps (texi2dvi4a2ps script)
- bug in a2ps packaging
- broken solaris binary (because on solaris random() is 32-bit, but
RAND_MAX is 32767)
- Makefile to generate base files needs to be fixed to remove svn revision

Luckily none of that requires a new build (solaris-sparc binaries are
not distributed, but you might want to check the value of RAND_MAX on
i386 and x86_64-solaris).