[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 09:59:40 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Bob Tennent wrote:

> So you're using a relatively recent gcc on a relatively ancient
> Centos-5 system. Can I ask why this combination is appropriate?

Recent gcc is required because there is some code in TL that doesn't
compile with older compiler. Notable examples include LuaJIT and ICU,
but there might be other "black sheep". (I'm not sure what is the
minimum version of GCC this year, but last year Karl reported that at
least gcc 4.6 was needed.)

Old linux is required because binaries compiled on the lastest linux
wouldn't work on an older one. (More specifically I think this has to
do with LIBC version rather than with linux version, but in principle
binaries from newer linuxes won't work on older ones.)