[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Sun Apr 27 01:14:15 CEST 2014

 >|    I just did Build --with-libgs (on Centos-6)
 >|
 >|CentOS6 is a completely different case.  I am not going to build dvisvgm
 >|in a different configuration than the rest of TL.

Sorry.  I actually don't know what your build configuration is.

 >|It is beyond my control to solve this -- Martin and I tried hard to find
 >|a way to do it in the dvisvgm sources, but there was no way.  So, if you
 >|want PS support with dvisvgm on i386-linux, please make your own binary,
 >|or get the distro's version, or whatever.

The current packages for RHEL/CentOS are based on TL-2007!

To make one's own binary requires AFAIK pulling in the whole
Build/source tree and building everything; my attempts to use
--disable-all-pkgs --enable-dvisvgm weren't successful. So this
seems to be beyond what ordinary users should be expected to do.
I've suggested to Martin that he make available a dvisvgm binary for
Linux users at sourceforge. He already does this for Windows users
because MiKTeX for reasons unknown isn't providing dvisvgm.

But thanks for trying.

Bob T.