[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Thu Apr 24 04:04:17 CEST 2014

 >|As far as I can see, there is no viable solution.  So if you want libgs
 >|support on i386-linux, you'll need to compile it yourself instead of
 >|using TL's binary.  Sorry.  It seemingly does not affect other
 >|platforms, for whatever unknown reason.

Karl: Penalizing *all* the platforms because there's a problem
in Centos-5 doesn't seem fair. I suggest you build with Build
option --with-libgs and then try dvisvgm on your system with
--libgs=<non-existent>. I think you'll just get

processing of PostScript specials is disabled (Ghostscript not
found)

followed by ordinary processing, which leaves you exactly where
*everybody* is now. But everybody else will have Postscript
processing.

Bob T.