[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 24 00:24:41 CEST 2014

    But I've confirmed that tl2014 builds with the Build
    option --with-libgs like in 2013: no embedded libgs but possible to
    load dynamically.

Yes it does.  But, like I said before after too many hours of painful
debugging, the resulting binary crashes for me on tug.org (and
presumably any CentOS 5 system), because the dynamically-loaded libgs
pulls in a dynamically-loaded libstdc++, which is different than the one
I'm compiling with.  I can't see that loading libgs.so.8 or .9 instead
of the generic libgs.so is going to change that, although I guess it's a
good idea for other reasons.

As far as I can see, there is no viable solution.  So if you want libgs
support on i386-linux, you'll need to compile it yourself instead of
using TL's binary.  Sorry.  It seemingly does not affect other
platforms, for whatever unknown reason.

karl