[tlbuild] Patching pdftex

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 16 15:40:23 CET 2013

Hi Florian,

> I'd like to use a patched version of pdftex which contains fixes for
> the PDF/A specification [1]. The most recent source of stand-alone

Can you please send the patches against current TeX Live sources
to the tex-implementors list
http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tex-implementors

THat is probably the best idea.

> pdftex is 1.40.11 from 3 years ago at Sarovar [2]. I tried compiling

Forget the version on Sarovar. I am not sure where it is currently
developped, but the feed of changes always goes into TeX Live.
So in some sense these are the most appropriate sources. (But I might
be wrong)

> TeX Live 2013 has pdftex version 1.40.14. Is pdftex now maintained at
> TexLive? Further, if I port the patch, is there a way to only build
> and then use a patched pdftex?

Yes, just read the texlive sources README (severals) that allow
you to build binaries on demand, with static or dynamic kpathsea.

Norbert