[tlbuild] ttf2pk versus ttf2pk2

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Jul 31 20:41:00 CEST 2013

> Here is the subset relevant to texlive of the (still growing) list
> of issues while revising cjk/doc/pdfhowto/HOWTO.txt I wrote 10 years
> ago:

Thanks a lot for the list!

> - segmentation fault with 10 fonts

Can you prepare a bundle (together with one of the fonts and an exact
recipe to trigger the segfault) which Peter can download somewhere?

> - tfm indeterminism with every font

You still haven't posted examples for this...

> - intermittent floating point exception with every ttc's.

As above; please provide a bundle for downloading.

> - ttf2tfm generates invalid tfm's. (7 invalid CHARHT, 2 invalid
>   CHARIC, and 1 invalid CHARDP).

Ditto.

> - ttf2tfm generates negative CHARWD's for a font which should have
>  +ve ones.

Ditto.

> After fixing the indeterminism and the floating point exception, the
> segmentation fault also seems to disappeared (or it may come back
> with a different compilation...).

Please post your patches.

> ttf2tfm always generates half-width for font dimensions, even for

This may be due to different behaviour of FreeType 2.

> I offered to spend time fixing these issues.  It was rejected.  I
> don't particularly want to spend time doing that anyway . Just as
> well.

It seems that we are miscommunicating, which is a pity.  I *never* got
the impression that your help was rejected!

    Werner