[tlbuild] symlink versus a copy of the script

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 28 23:04:16 CEST 2012

Hello,

If I take a look at bin folder I see
    updmap -> ../../texmf/scripts/tetex/updmap.pl
    mptopdf -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/context/perl/mptopdf.pl
etc.

My question: why is mtxrun not a symlink as well, at least for unix
platforms? I'm not sure how it works for windows where we have
mtxrun.exe which is probably using a local mtxrun.lua, but if we could
at least get rid of a dozen copies of mtxrun for unix-like platforms,
that would already be a great achievement.