[tlbuild] TL2012 aix 4.3 build report

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed May 16 14:35:01 CEST 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> 2) aix-patch-freetype2.diff - use $CONFIG_SHELL in freetype's builds/unix/detect.mk
>   otherwise the build fails.

Hi Vladimir,

is this same patch required for a stand alone build of freetype-2.4.9?

> 3) aix-patch-icu.diff - add const declarations, to fix compile problem.
>   The cause and a way to fix is the same as discussed in
>   http://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2010q2/001541.html
>
> 4) aix-patch-poppler.diff - add const declarations, to fix compile problem.
>   The cause and a way to fix is the same as discussed in
>   http://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2010q2/001541.html

There was a similar patch in 2010 for
libs/graphite/engine-2.3.1/test/RegressionTest/, but this was never really
tested because that part of the tree was not compiled.

Whereas all other patches for graphite have now been accepted upstream, this
one was rejected because it causea compilation errors (perhaps I had put the
declarations into the wrong place).

Anyway, I'd like to clarify the issue before applying any more patches to
the icu monster.

> 5) aix-patch-mtx.diff - this is not a real fix, but a workaround against
>   an improper way in which mtx declares its own prototypes for malloc and free.
>   proper way is to use autoconf to test for presence of prototypes in
>   header files.

This comes from the library for the Pascal-to-C converter.  Instead of
patching that library I have added 'AM_CPPFLAGS=-DNO_DECLARE_MALLOC' to the
Makefile.am.

> 6) aix-patch-synctex.diff - fix for synctex.
>
> 7) aix-patch-xpdf.diff - fix a compile problem:

both applied.

Regards
Peter