[tlbuild] more progress: OpenBSD 5.1 x86

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed May 9 19:56:53 CEST 2012

On Monday, we got a new OpenBSD 5.1 x86 virtual machine running, and
between long meetings yesterday, I got numerous packages installed,.
mostly using the native pkg_add command, which installs into the
/usr/local tree. I also installed from source code many other GNU
packages, and many of my own, as well.  This produced a workable
environment in which I was able to attempt a TeX Live 2012 build.

I now have a preliminary i386-openbsd5.1 binary tree with 349
executables, to complement the previous 353-member OpenBSD binary tree
that I have locally renamed i386-openbsd4.9.

I still have to attempt a libicu + XeTeX build for OpenBSD 5.1.

I'm aware of further comments on this list about my build procedures,
but am not yet ready to respond to them.  I intend to within the next
few days.