[tlbuild] Building TL2012 on Cygwin: biber

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 5 00:19:06 CEST 2012

    From the build log of TL2012 on Cygwin seems that Biber isn't really
    built

This is the case on all platforms.

    I would ask if there is an optio for Build to "force" the build.

No.  Actually building the biber binaries is a completely different task
from anything else that is done in the TL build with zillions of
prerequisites, last I knew.  Thus it would be nonsensical to try to make
it part of the TL build under any circumstances.  (If anyone wants to do
that, use --disable-biber with TL, then download the original biber
sources and have fun.  I know some of the TL builders are the ones
going through the process and building the binaries that end up on CTAN.)

Even just installing the premade binaries is more than painful enough
for us :(.