[tlbuild] luatex segfaults (on mipsel-linux only?)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:38:02 CEST 2012

Dear TL builders,

I have one tiny, slightly off-topic request while you are building the
binaries for various platforms. LuaTeX segfaults during hyhphenation
on the following input (I'm sure that it is possible to find plain
luatex minimal example, but it would take a while and some knowledge
to do so):

     \definetextbackground[CodeExampleFrame]
         [location=paragraph]
     \definetyping
         [CodeExample]
         [before=\startCodeExampleFrame,
          after=\stopCodeExampleFrame]
     \starttext
     \startCodeExample
     hello
     \stopCodeExample
     \stoptext

You can compile the example with "context filename.tex", but you need
a working TeX Live (2011 is fine), not only binaries.

On most platforms it works fine (Mac OS X, both i386 and x86_64-linux,
probably many more), we only experienced a crash on mipsel-linux so
far (running debian linux for mipsel on mips64el hardware).

I'm not sure where to start debugging, but it might help to know if
the problem is reproducible on any other "exotic" platform as well. It
might have something to do with endianess or with 32-bit program
running (being compiled on) 64-bit hardware. But these are pure
speculations.

The example above can be compiled with "context" with a working TeX
Live 2011 (LuaTeX hasn't been modified between TL 2011 and 2012,
except for some configuration done by Peter, so either old or new
binaries should most likely give the same result).

If the example works fine on your platform, you don't need to reply to
the whole mailing list (you can leave me a notice off-list). It is not
such a high priority, but if we could get rid of reproducible
segfaults before TL 2012 release, that would be nice.

Bug tracker: http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=739

Thank you very much,