[tlbuild] current sources fail to build

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Apr 9 16:09:49 CEST 2012

Hi Norbert,

> I invested that a bit, it comes from the following code
>     if (Glob_Str_Size > Buf_Size)
>         bad = 100 * bad + 11;
> before the value is 0, after that 11. That means that the Buf_Size
> has to be adapted. It is set in bibtex8/utils.c to BUF_SIZE which
> is defined in bibtex. to 10000.
>
> So the natural fix would be to change
> 	#define BUF_SIZE                   10000
> 	#define BUF_SIZE                   20000
> after which the tests run through without any problem.
>
> I guess the same fix has to be done for bibtexu/bibtex.h to get it
> working there, too.
>
> Any comments?

Great. In bibtex.ch that is defined as
@!BUF_SIZE=20000; {initial maximum number of characters in an input line
                                                                (or string)}

That was the reason why bibtex was ok.
Therefore I think it is reasonable to use the same value in
bibtexu and bibtex8.
buf_size is changed dynamically as required. However the initial
value is important in the present case.

More desirably, I think, if possible, we should not
test 'if (Glob_Str_Size > Buf_Size)', because glob_str_size is
the maximum value, whereas buf_size can be changed
dynamically, Peter?

Thanks,
Akira