[tlbuild] current sources fail to build

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Apr 9 12:11:54 CEST 2012

On So, 08 Apr 2012, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Karl, Peter, please decrease glob_str_size to a suitable number.
>
> There's no reason why bibtex8 shouldn't work with the larger
> glob_str_size.  It's probably just the test that needs to be adjusted.

I invested that a bit, it comes from the following code
    if (Glob_Str_Size > Buf_Size)
        bad = 100 * bad + 11;
before the value is 0, after that 11. That means that the Buf_Size
has to be adapted. It is set in bibtex8/utils.c to BUF_SIZE which
is defined in bibtex. to 10000.

So the natural fix would be to change
	#define BUF_SIZE                   10000
	#define BUF_SIZE                   20000
after which the tests run through without any problem.

I guess the same fix has to be done for bibtexu/bibtex.h to get it
working there, too.

Any comments?

Best wishes

Norbert