[tlbuild] Configure issues with texlive-20091107

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jan 10 00:50:32 CET 2010

    Suppose a configuration file is installed in
    /bla/bla/etc/config

As Norbert said, we do not have anything like that in TL, because the
distribution has to be retargetable.  (In contrast to other common packages.)

    Well, I think that the main purpose of configure is exactly this one
    -- to tweak an installation...

I agree with that, and we (mainly Peter) do try to improve the configure
scripts in response to bug reports like yours.  So if you want to keep
on that path, that's fine.