[tlbuild] kpsewhich problem [Cygwin]

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Sun Dec 20 00:33:43 CET 2009

Il 20/12/2009 0.15, Karl Berry ha scritto:
>      +      /* Some trickery here: the extensions for kpse_fmt_format can
>      +       * clash with other extensions in use, and we prefer for those
>      +       * others to be preferred.
>
> I reverted it, but I still don't get it.  Oh well, guess there's more
> important things to spend time on.

Without reverting those line in kpsewhich.c, the installation of current
(trunk) TeXLive is broken at least on Cygwin and GNU/Linux Kubuntu 9.10.

When those lines were removed, was there someone who tested the
consequences?

I do not know that code, I have only flagged the problems I meat and one
possible workaround. Who designed kpsewhich.c could have better ideas.

Ciao,
Angelo.