[tlbuild] asy not finding plain.asy

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Thu Aug 27 02:37:41 CEST 2009

"KB" == Karl Berry writes:

 KB> This is true on i386-linux; at least, starting asy (tl09 pretest)
 KB> from the cmdline results in this error for me.  Is it true on other
 KB> systems?

 KB> I'm wondering if it's an error in the build for particular
 KB> platforms or in the original sources.

it works if you run it from the Master/texmf/asymptote directory
(or if you use the "-cd /path/to/Master/texmf/asymptote" option).

i don't know how it is supposed to find its runtime files in the texmf tree.

stracing shows that it looks for plain.asy

1) in the current dir
2) in ~/.asy/
3) in /usr/local/share/asymptote/

also, it reads the config file config.asy.asy in the same locations.
maybe it is possible to set the lookup path in ~/.asy/config.asy.asy
and point it to the TL2009's Master/texmf/asymptote dir.

Best,
v.