[tlbuild] xetex problem on OpenSolaris

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 23:10:42 CEST 2009

2009/8/6 Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com>

> On 6 Aug 2009, at 21:47, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>
>   Hello,
>>
>>  Today I discovered that xetex does not run on the latest version of
>> OpenSolaris. I have recompiled the
>> whole tree but the problem persists. In particular, when I try to process
>> a simple file I get the following error:
>>
>> (./test.aux)kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '
>>
>> ! Font \zf at basefont="Minion Pro" at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
>> file or installed font not found.
>> \zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
>>                                                  \unless \ifzf at icu\zf at set
>> @...
>> l.5 ...ping=tex-text,Ligatures=Common]{Minion Pro}
>>
>> I am almost sure that this is fontconfig related bug/issue whatever but I
>> do not know a workaround.
>>

> Clearly, it's not finding the font. Have you checked that fontconfig knows
> about Minion Pro on that machine? What does
>
>  fc-list | grep Minion
>
> report?

It finds the font and that is very strange:

apostolo at nadya>> fc-list | grep Minion
Minion Pro:style=Bold Italic
Minion Pro,Minion Pro SmBd:style=Semibold,Regular
Minion Pro:style=Regular
Minion Pro,Minion Pro Cond:style=Cond Italic,Italic
Minion Pro,Minion Pro SmBd Cond:style=Semibold Cond Italic,Italic
Minion Pro,Minion Pro Cond:style=Cond,Regular
Minion Pro:style=Italic
Minion Pro,Minion Pro SmBd Cond:style=Semibold Cond,Regular
Minion Pro:style=Bold
Minion Pro,Minion Pro Cond:style=Bold Cond,Bold
Minion Pro,Minion Pro Cond:style=Bold Cond Italic,Bold Italic
Minion Pro,Minion Pro SmBd:style=Semibold Italic,Italic

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, GREECE