[tlbuild] [jfkthame at googlemail.com: Re: TeXworks in the OpenBSD ports tree / XeTeX build in TL-2009]

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:17:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

Myself and Jonathan have been discussing the XeTeX build in TeX Live.

Do you think this error in the xdvipdfmx configure should exit the
build (unless --without-xetex is used):

> checking for installed fontconfig headers and library... no
> checking for fontconfig header files and library... no
> configure: WARNING: fontconfig library or ApplicationServices
> framework not found.
> This version of xdvipdfmx requires either ApplicationServices (on
> Mac OS X)
> or the fontconfig library (on other platforms) to be available,
> otherwise it
> cannot support XeTeX output using standard system-installed fonts.

This is what I have encountered using --with-system-freetype and
overlooked wondering why no xetex binary was built.

Thoughts?

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett