[tlbuild] asymptote build

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jun 25 23:09:38 CEST 2009

On 24 June 2009 T T wrote:

 > On 24/06/2009, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
 >
 >> BTW, your universal .bat wrapper calls kpsewhich and stores the result
 >> in a variable.  The code is definitely not easy to understand.  Is
 >
 > But I hope that it is sufficiently documented to offset that. I tried
 > to do my best on this one. Let me know if there is more documentation
 > needed.

No, your comments are ok.  But the code itself isn't easy to
understand without any knowledge about the programming language.

I asked because maybe I need something like this myself in the future.

 > A nice on-line command reference is at:

Thanks!

 > In general, once you know about extensions added to call, if, for &
 > set commands, you know something like 90% of what there is to know
 > about .bat programming.

Well, the syntax isn't very verbose and thus, not easy to remember.
I prefer programming languages where you have to remember the meaning
of words instead of the meaning of characters.  I'm not sure everybody
enjoys TeX's macro language, but it allows me at least to provide
comprehensible code, for instance

   \let\me\relax

Good night,
  Reinhard