[tlbuild] asymptote build

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:31:50 CEST 2009

On 24/06/2009, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> cygwin is Unix, hence it's probably better to provide a shell script
> instead of a .bat wrapper.  The cygwin login shell is a modified bash.
> If you invoke a .bat file, bash calls cmd.exe, hence I think a .bat
> file is less efficient than a shell script.

I'm leaving cygwin as it is, apparently there is no problem there.

> BTW, your universal .bat wrapper calls kpsewhich and stores the result
> in a variable.  The code is definitely not easy to understand.  Is

But I hope that it is sufficiently documented to offset that. I tried
to do my best on this one. Let me know if there is more documentation
needed.

> there some on-line documentation available explaining such things?

A nice on-line command reference is at:

http://www.ss64.com/nt/

The particular feature you ask about is this one:

http://www.ss64.com/nt/for_cmd.html

In general, once you know about extensions added to call, if, for &
set commands, you know something like 90% of what there is to know
about .bat programming. Let me know if you have more questions, I will
be happy to discuss.

Cheers,

Tomek