[tlbuild] asymptote build

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Tue Jun 23 16:13:30 CEST 2009

Ken Brown ha scritto:

> Hi Angelo,
>
> John Bowman, one of the asymptote developers, has built binaries that
> work both in native windows and in cygwin.  The two needed for cygwin
> (asy.exe and freeglut.dll) are in the asymptote.i386-cygwin package.
> They should work in both cygwin 1.5 and 1.7.  I tested them in 1.7 only.

The 'cygwin1.dll' in bin/win32 seems to belong to 1.5.

I flagged this because it isn't good practice to have multiple file of
that DLL scattered on the system. Suppose a Cygwin user want to use TL
with the win32 port of Emacs (I know that there are people doing this).
That user need the win32 binaries. The risk is that one could have
multiple cygwin1.dll on the path, and this could be potentially
dangerous. The solution of Akira looks good.

Regarding my ties to build, just a curiosity :-)

Cheers,
Angelo.