[tlbuild] Using external poppler

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 20:26:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Peter Breitenlohner<peb at mppmu.mpg.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009, vext01 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I am having problems using --with-system-xpdf with a recent snapshot.
>>
>> configure: checking requested system `xpdf' library...
>> checking for free... no
>
> Hi Edd,
>
> this is the first problem: free() is not found. Why?

No idea. Very odd. Obviously there is a free() on my system.

>> checking goo/gtypes.h usability... no
>> checking goo/gtypes.h presence... no
>> checking for goo/gtypes.h... no
>> configure: error: some requested system libraries failed
>>
>> Here is the relevent part of config.log:
>>
>> configure:22342: checking goo/gtypes.h usability
>> configure:22359: cc -c -I/usr/local/include/poppler
>> -DPOPPLER_VERSION=\"0.10.6\"
>> -I/usr/local/include/poppler  -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2
>> -I/usr/X11R6/inclu
>> de -I/usr/local/include/freetype1/freetype -I/usr/local/include
>> -I/usr/local/inc
>> lude/libpng   conftest.c >&5
>> <command line>:4:18: missing terminating " character
>> configure:22366: $? = 1
>
> Looks very much like an unsuitable (broken) shell.  What is your bin/sh.

Proper /bin/sh: "sh - public domain Bourne shell"

> You may have to use a better shell, e.g.,
>        CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash /bin/bash ./Build
> or equivalent.

I would rather not pull in bash into the dependency trail if I don't
have to. The rest of the TL build is quite happy with /bin/sh.

I have not had a chance to look into this just yet.

--
Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett