[tlbuild] Error testing build from repository

John Minter jrminter at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 7 02:43:22 CEST 2009

Norbert Preining wrote:
 > Well, did you create the format?

Thank you for the prompt response. No, I did not create the
format because the documentation (http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html)
said "Then run, e.g., latex small2e; the latex.fmt file should be
automatically built and you should end up with a small2e.dvi
file that you can, for example, view with xdvi or convert with dvips."

> The svn checkout, and even less the build from source, is a full
> installation.

I built from a full svn checkout. I did notice the difference from
my 2008 install but was hesitant to try and create the remaining
pieces for fear of creating incompatibilities.

> If you are not up to this task please *please* wait until we have
> finished 2009 and use the installer.

I am *trying* to teach myself to be "up to this task." If there is
some documentation I missed, I would appreciate a pointer.