[tlbuild] texworks: libpoppler.so.4 from where?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jun 3 23:56:40 CEST 2009

Hi Hartmut,

On Mi, 03 Jun 2009, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> it's x86_64.

Ok, that is my binary from some time ago, I did put it into svn only for
testing, hoping that someone else will build a more "widely usable"
version. Maybe I will do it sooner or later.

> btw, i naively just copied libpoppler.so.3 to libpoppler.so.4 and it
> indeed starts, but upon loading the .tex file it crashes.

Not surprising ;-)

> > If I could make it compile in libpoppler statically.
>
> (but this would be opposite to the dynamic libpoppler idea.)

??? For TeX Live we try to compile as much static as possible, to keep
people falling into the version number hell.

We are not talking about distributions (Debian hat off)

Best wishes

Norbert