[tlbuild] --with-fontconfig-includes and --with-fontconfig-libdir=/opt/csw/lib

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 3 23:09:40 CEST 2009

    yes I know. But that would make it impossible to run 'make
    distcheck' on a system where fontconfig is not found by the default
    mechanism.

All systems where we build TL should have fontconfig.
This is the same thing we went through before with freetype.

    Any idea serving both needs would be welcome.  Maybe I could add a
    configure option turning these warnings into errors and having
    ./Build add this option.

Yes, something along those lines.  With a normal TL build, we want
configure to simply abort if anything expected is not detected, like
fontconfig, freetype, icu, t1lib, zlib, etc., instead of building
deficient programs.  (This has always been a pain.)

Thanks,
Karl