[tlbuild] --with-fontconfig-includes and --with-fontconfig-libdir=/opt/csw/lib

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Jun 3 11:54:35 CEST 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> BTW, it seems that it is better to produce an error when xetex cannot
> detect fontconfig, rather than continue the build... if user knows he
> doesn't have fontconfig, he can pass --without-xetex; but otherwise the
> user expects the build to include xetex, and it is a waste of time to
> discover after the lengthy build that xetex was not built because of
> some configure-time problem.

Hi Vladimir,

yes I know. But that would make it impossible to run 'make distcheck' on a
system where fontconfig is not found by the default mechanism.

Any idea serving both needs would be welcome.  Maybe I could add a configure
option turning these warnings into errors and having ./Build add this
option.

Regards
Peter