[tlbuild] Building on Mac OS X

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon May 18 15:36:17 CEST 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009, Richard Koch wrote:

> I am as impressed by your debugging skill .......

Hi Dick,

actually quite simple: looking for 'error:' (from configure) or ' Error '
(fom make) in the log.

> ... as I am mystified by stupidity at my end.

such things do happen.

Hi Karl and Dick,

I would have thought that the whole build process should have stopped at the
first error, making the cause much more obvious. I tried to reproduce this
behaviour with 'make all' and indeed got an immedate termination.

This might be due to the top-level target world:
 	make world
 		-> make install-strip
 			-> sub-make install
 				-> make all (with error)
I changed that into
 	make world
 		-> make all (with error)
 		-> make install-strip
 			-> sub-make install
in the hope that the error, now in the main make, will lead to immediate
termination.

Regards
Peter