[tlbuild] main build + xindy

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 16 02:36:32 CEST 2009

I have changed the top-level Build script to disable the latex parts of
xindy by default (--disable-xindy-docs --disable-xindy-make-rules), even
when xindy itself is enabled.

Now when I run Build --enable-xindy CLISP=/my/clisp in my bare build
environment for i386-linux, it goes to completion and I get 309
executables.

See Build/utils/README for the full details on the xindy build (and
building the prerequisite clisp).  In conjunction with Joachim Schrod
(xindy author), we decided there's no real percentage in trying to use
the current xindy beta this year, so we can keep using the current sources.

In any case, there are still some source changes coming, so I don't see
any point to committing new binaries right away (soon though).  But this
would be good time to retry your builds, with --enable-xindy CLISP=...
if you plan to try to provide it for your architecture.

Thanks,
Karl