[tlbuild] xetex not being built

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:41:30 CEST 2009

On 5/7/2009 5:50 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> I also modified the cxx-hack such that it should now work for g++-4 on
> Cygwin, I hope.

It works!  Thank you very much, Peter.  At this point there are no
remaining problems with the cygwin build as far as I can tell.  We're
just waiting for Jonathan to apply whichever ICU patches he thinks are
appropriate.

Jonathan,

In case you decide to apply some of Angelo's patches [1] in addition to
the ones I submitted [2] (which are a subset of his), you should be
aware that at least one of his is appropriate for cygwin-1.5 only and so
shouldn't be applied to the overall source.  The one I know about for
sure is the patch to XeTeXswap.h, which is needed for cygwin-1.5 but
breaks the cygwin-1.7 build.  On the other hand, some of Angelo's
patches are not cygwin specific and are probably appropriate for all
systems.  As he said, some of them might be security patches.  I'm in
the process of trying to sort this out.  I'll write again when I have
more information.

Regards,

Ken

[1] http://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2009q2/000571.html