[tlbuild] building / including xz into the build process

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu May 7 14:25:40 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

as Karl has announced some time ago we will switch to packaging our
containers with xz instead of lzma for 2009.

xz is the successor of lzma and now with stable file format, other than
that there are not so many differences.
	http://tukaani.org/xz/

I don't know if it makes sense to include the xz utils into the build
process, but as last year we would need xzdec and xz binaries from all
builders. If you come around building them please send me them together
with the platform you are building for.

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert