[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed May 6 14:52:59 CEST 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Ken Brown wrote:

> It will, however, require gcc-4.  So we're back to the issue of teaching the
> texlive build system to statically link libstd++ when using cygwin's gcc-4.
> Do you think that's doable based on what I sent you yesterday? Or are there
> further tests I should do?

Hi Ken,

your info from yesterday is all I need. I'll now have to incorporate that
into the Autoconf macro doing the test and setting up the mechanism to
swindle the required flags into the resulting g++ command line, bypassing
Libtool with its own interpretation of -static.  Once that is done you
should, of course, test if all that works as expected.

Just to be sure you could, however, do one thing right now, namely try if
 	g++-4 -c test.cc
 	g++-4 -o test.exe test.obj -static -static-libgcc -lstdc++
also works.

Regards
Peter