[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:46:23 CEST 2009

On 5/5/2009 4:13 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On my linux system libfontconfig.so certainly pulls in libz.so, in addition
> to the libz.a from the TL tree. That's no problem for linux (contrary to
> Cygwin).

Hi Peter,

I wonder if the problem with having both libz's pulled in during the
cygwin build comes from the fact that -lz (brought in by libfontconfig)
occurs too early in the list of libraries.  This forces both the system
libz and the TL libz to be searched, and that's when problems begin.  I
could try to test this if you think it's worthwhile, but I won't bother
if you're contemplating more drastic changes to the xetex build system.

Regards,

Ken