[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:44:15 CEST 2009

On 5/4/2009 9:56 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> (1) TL binary build for the TL2009 CD. There we want system libraries only
> when absolutely necessary, a static libstdc++ if possible, and
> multi-platform install paths.  In TL2008 Cygwin was not included.

Thanks for the clarification, Peter.  I think the plan is to include
Cygwin in TL2009, and Karl asked me to build the binaries for it.  So I
will avoid using the system zlib.  Do you have any suggestions for the
best way to prevent libtool from adding -lz to the final link line for
xetex.exe?  I know of two ways.  The first is to use Angelo's
workaround.  The second is to temporarily remove -lz from the dependency
list in /usr/lib/libfontconfig.la while doing the TL build.  Is there a
better approach that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Ken