[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:52:54 CEST 2009

On 4/28/2009 2:34 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
>     -#include "Features.h"
>     +#include "TLFeatures.h"
>
> Even though it's simple, it seems less than ideal, since the upstream
> library has nothing to do with TL, so we'd have to maintain the change
> in perpetuity.
>
> Why does cygwin need the #include name Features.h?  Why isn't the file
> in TL found first due to the -I's?

That's a good question.  I haven't looked into this myself, but
according to what  Rodrigo wrote
(http://tug.org/pipermail/tlbuild/2008q3/000354.html),
/usr/include/features.h is apparently found first, at least in TL2008.
I'll give it a try and see if I can tell whether that's still the case
with the current source.  If so, maybe the build system could be tweaked
to make sure that the TL file is found first.

Ken