[tlbuild] Building luatex with poppler

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Apr 20 16:35:43 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

first of all, again thanks for all the work you have done!!!!

On Mo, 20 Apr 2009, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> configuring with --with-system-poppler (use installed libpoppler instead of
> libxpdf from TL tree) will set the CPPFLAGS, INCLUDES, and DEPENDENCIES for
> libpoppler, including one flag like -DPOPPLERVERSION that can be used by the
> {pdf,lua,Xe}TeX code to distinguish which one is used.

Perfect! That would be fine. The problem is about getting the
POPPLERVERSION as you know. Anyway, that sound actually great.

Of course, there are still changes to the source code necessary, but
they are quite small.

> So, all that would be needed for this are the -DPOPPLERVERSION dependent
> changes in the *TeX code.

Right, and I can even help with that. I have patches for all the
programs in TL2007 and current luatex, so I am sure that it is not too
hard. Especially, with poppler v0.10 there are really a few things to
change.

Again, thanks.

Best wishes

Norbert