[tlbuild] Testing cxx-runtime-hack -- V 1.1

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Jan 26 12:07:12 CET 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Karl Berry wrote:

>    It does compile with gcc-3.3.
>
> Excellent, thanks.

Not really, because the C++ programs use the shared libstdc++ even with
'--with-cxx-runtime-hack'

Hi Thomas,

can you give us an extract from BLD/am-lt/config.log
(with '--with-cxx-runtime-hack') from
 	configure:15214: checking for statically linking C++ runtime library
down to
 	configure:15277: result: <whatever>
such that we can try to figure out what goes wrong.

=========================

Hi everybody,

first of all I'd like to thank for the test results reported so far.  They
ar summarized in
 	ftp://ftpth.mppmu.mpg.de/pub/peb/TLtests/cxx-test-1.1-Results
an I'll update this file as more results are reported.

> It's still a good idea to use the oldest available compiler, though.  It
> is no panacea, but the resulting binaries are the most likely to run on
> the most systems.

I'll send a separate message about this

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>