[tlbuild] installation after build

anonymous anonymous anctop at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:48:06 CEST 2008

Thank you fellow members.

>>> ROOT/texmf/ ROOT/texmf-dist/ ...
>>
>> By "ROOT" do you mean the system root "/" or the "$PREFIX" I've
>> chosen ?
>>
> Here ROOT is the TeX Live root. Eg, /usr/local/texlive/2008.

Finally I've made my installation usable :

sh ./configure --prefix=/Software/TeXLive --disable-multiplatform --enable-a4 \
   --without-xindy --without-luatex --with-fontconfig=/11/fontconfig \
   --with-system-ncurses --with-system-zlib --with-system-pnglib \
   --with-system-t1lib --with-system-freetype --with-system-freetype2
make
make install strip

I find that the directories "texmf" and "texmf-dist" in the tarball should be put under
"/Software" in this case, then everything seems to work.

In comparison with the older implementations like teTeX, TeX Live has an advantage of putting
all the user-created files in "~user/.texlive2008" instead of "/var/tmp/....". This feature solves such
problems as configuring various paths, directory permissions, post-uninstallation clean-up, &c.