[tlbuild] installation after build

anonymous anonymous anctop at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:24:48 CEST 2008

I've downloaded the TeX Live 2008 "source" and "texmf" tarballs.

The "configure" script is invoked with parameters "--prefix=$PREFIX --disable-multiplatform --without-xindy --without-luatex". The subsequent "make" and "make install strip" finish without fatal error.

My question is : where should the contents of "texmf" tarball be put in order to have a usable copy of TeX Live ?
I find that the resultant of my build is quite different from those described in the web page http://tug.org/texlive/build.html . My executables are in "$PREFIX/bin/", not  "build/source/inst/bin/". Also, I can't find the "Master/bin/" directory.

I think there's a gap in the documentation. Can someone supply the post-build instructions ?

Thanks.