[tlbuild] pdftex bug in luatex?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Sep 20 13:14:13 CEST 2008

On Sa, 20 Sep 2008, Joachim Schrod wrote:
> What's the actual problem that you have and want to solve? Maybe I can
> help to achieve that in different ways, or I can address the CLISP
> folks and ask them for help.

No problem at all, just a slight inconvenience or feeling of being
unsure: When we rebuild all the binaries in TeX Live most just stay the
very same, including md5sums, so svn does not need to be updated in any
way.

Some programs include time stamps, so every recompile produces a new
version. We normally try to commit these new versions only if there have
been actually changes.

With xindy we just don't know whether it is a time stamp thing or
whether something in the code has changed.

Anyway, I don't see much need to invest huge amounts of time on that. If
you would have known by chance where it comes from, fine, otherwise we
can leave it as it is.

Best wishes

Norbert