[tlbuild] powerpc-linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 5 23:59:25 CEST 2008

On 4 Jun 2008, at 11:34 pm, Karl Berry wrote:

> 2) we'll be building again, never fear.  It's not really a beta, no
>    further code changes are planned.  Thanh offered to make a real
>    release now, but I said it would be pointless, since inevitably the
>    process of our doing the builds that will introduce more changes.
>    Chicken and egg, etc.  (Surprisingly, no changes so far, it
> seems --
>    but I bet that will change when people start actually using/testing
>    the binaries. :)

Of course! In fact, I just had a fresh xetex bug report this morning.
(Why do these things always come up right before a big release? The
bug has existed in the code for years, but I guess no-one used
discretionaries in that particular way until now!)

There's a patch currently being tested; it should be committed to TL
within a day or so, if all goes well.

JK