[tlbuild] first build for TeX Live 2008

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 12 01:11:02 CEST 2008

    But what use are newly compiled binaries if we don't commit them?

As I wrote, I was actually expecting the builds to fail, so the "use"
was mainly to see if compilation works.

I was hoping that Martin would be able to get the code for the pdftex
pool integration in quickly, and then it'd be worth checking in the
resulting binaries, since it'd be some approximation to what we actually
intend to release.  (That's true now for everything except pdftex ...)

I also wanted to avoid gigabytes of interim binaries being committed to
the repo ...

    Karl, should I revert the stuff?

No, no need to go backwards (except for the separate issue I wrote you
about individually).

    And what about the win32 changes? I will check them in anyway,

Yes, win32 is always special; new binaries are good there.

karl