[tlbuild] first build for TeX Live 2008

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun May 11 10:15:18 CEST 2008

Hi Vladimir,

On Sa, 10 Mai 2008, Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> BTW, did you notice Karl's note:
>
>   There will definitely be more changes coming (pdftex doesn't have the
>   pool file integrated yet, for instance), so I don't recommend
>   committing new binaries right away -- I haven't for i386-linux.
>   Mostly we want to fix the inevitable compilation problems that crop up
>   right away.

Ah, well, ok, done is done. If one minds I an revert the changes, or
Karl if he thinks that is bad.

But what use are newly compiled binaries if we don't commit them?

Karl, should I revert the stuff?

And what about the win32 changes? I will check them in anyway, since I
want to do more testing on win32 (and pdftex on win32 alreay has the
pool file compiled in)

And, since it would be nice if people could try the new installer on
others than i386-linux, win32 the new luatex is necessary anyway.

> and, what is the i386-solaris/foo and i386-solaris/ht ?

foo was a temp file I forgot to delete.

ht is a program that is present in all the installations, and it was
also in what you sent me. It is from tex4ht.

Best wishes

Norbert