[texworks] Adding to typesetting path on MacOS

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 11:03:25 CET 2024

For one of the typesetting tools I'm using, I need access to ghostscript
for graphics file format conversion.  My copy of gs is in /opt/homebrew/bin.

I am having trouble adding /opt/homebrew/bin to the typesetting path,
because the preferences dialog opens a file dialog for changes, and /opt
isn't showing up.  If I open / in the Finder, it shows opt as a grayed
out entry, presumably indicating some sort of hidden attribute, but I
don't see it at all in the TeXWorks dialog.

Any suggestions how to add it to the typesetting path?  I suuppose I
could link to gs from an existing directory in the path, but I'd prefer
a cleaner solution.

Duncan Murdoch