[texworks] Changing texworks-config.txt?

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sat Dec 3 15:32:41 CET 2022

Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> I have some old notes that say to change the file types listed in the
> File Open dialog, I should edit the texworks-config.txt file in the
> configuration directory.  I'm on a Mac, and see this file in
> ~/Library/TeXworks/configuration, but changes there appear to have no
> effect when I open TeXworks again.  I still see the old file types [...]
Rather than going directly to ~/Library/TeXworks/configuration, I would
instead use the TeXworks "Help" menu, option "Settings and Resources",
then follow the clickable link from "Resources" where you should see :

    completion
    configuration
    scripts
    translations
    TWFile Versions.db

Under "configuration" you should see "auto-indent-patterns.txt" ...
texworks-config.txt ... tools.ini

In texworks-config.txt you should see

# TeXworks: Miscellaneous configuration options that don't show up in
the Preferences

[...]

# To override the built-in list of file types in the File/Open dialog,
# uncomment and customize these entries:
#
# file-open-filter:    TeX documents (*.tex)
# file-open-filter:    LaTeX documents (*.ltx)
# file-open-filter:    Log files (*.log *.blg)
# file-open-filter:    BibTeX databases (*.bib)
# file-open-filter:    Style files (*.sty)
# file-open-filter:    Class files (*.cls)
# file-open-filter:    Documented macros (*.dtx)
# file-open-filter:    Auxiliary files (*.aux *.toc *.lot *.lof *.nav
*.out *.snm *.ind *.idx *.bbl *.brf)
# file-open-filter:    Text files (*.txt)
# file-open-filter:    PDF documents (*.pdf)
# file-open-filter:    All files (*)

where I would uncommon those that you wish to retain and add
corresponding entries for the new ones.
--
/Philip Taylor/